Sunday 7 January 2018

January - part seven. Seven!


Taking the decorations down. Yes, I know it should have been yesterday (or even the day before according to who you listen to), but I can guarantee that if some piece of bad luck befalls me this year I won't be clutching my forehead and wailing 'Oh no, why did I leave those decorations up a day (or possibly two) too long!'

Everything looks a bit more spacious now. I love it when the tree is up but it takes up space and blocks access to a bookcase so a few weeks is enough really. And actually I love packing the baubles away, wrapping them up in kitchen paper and taping up the boxes to keep them safe until next year. The kids are back at school tomorrow and it's time to get settled into a routine again. Part of me thinks 'bleurgh' at the thought of it but the slightly more sensible part of me recognises that we need it!

No comments: